The Lord gave us a miracle when He gave us Jemma
Where on earth to start.
Jemma has gained enough weight and she got moved into a big crib. It’s so much fun bringing in cute blankets for her bed. The only pain is I have laundry every night but it totally worth it. We can take her out and hold her when ever we want.
I had a bit of a discouraging day a couple of days ago. Jemma decided she was not interested in oral feeds. That is one of biggest hurdles to get over before the little ones can go home. After two days of disappointing breastfeeding I called lacation, the consult helped me tweak a few things. Jemma and I both for now seemed to have pulled our act together. Jemma is a hit and miss with her bottle feeds. Sometimes she’ll drink 20+ mls other times she’ll lick the nipple and stick her tongue 👅 out at who ever is feeding her. Capt sassy pants strikes again.
The biggest news we have to share is that Jemma brain has fully healed with zero complications. It’s a absolute miracle. When we told the nurse who was there for the original diagnosis that her brain scan came back with zero signs of tissue death or damage she started to cry. Nurse M. Told us this never happens. This is one of biggest miracles she has seen. While this news is absolutely amazing it still doesn’t absolve Jemma from developmental complications down the road. We still need to be proactive with her and watch her milestones closely. We are absolutely floored by this out come. I know it’s because of everyone’s prayers ,positive energy , love and Gods amazing mercy and love and the amazing medical team taking care of our Peanut . I have heard stories from other Nicu moms about their babies who had similar bleeds and the endings are not happy ones. We were told scans show Jemma has a small cyst in her brain that probably won’t affect her. It might cause a little left side weakness. Physical therapy will be able to help it if not eliminate it all together.
I feel settled into the Nicu but I am ready to bring my baby girl home. The other day Jemma pulled out her nasal feeding tube. I held her in my arms as the nurse laced it back in. Nobody was happy during that Jemma was crying, mommy was trying not to cry and daddy was crying on the inside. Jemma was so mad afterwards she played possum for five minutes and refused to move. Yesterday J had her follow up eye exam. It was heartbreaking they had to put a metal clamp in her eyes to keep them open (think clockwork orange ). Eyes are are absolutely Perfect! I will be happy when we can bust little lady out of here and I think we’re going to have a couple of weeks of nobody other than family touching Jemma.
I am grateful for the wonderful care she has received here but I am over seeeing my sweet pea covered in tubes wires and having to have her food pumped into her stomach. My daughters strength dermination and sass is serving her well right now but I am pretty sure in 13 years I won’t appreciate it nearly as much.
Chunky girl is now over 4 lbs
She loves skin to skin with mommy
When dadddy holds she fights sleep with every fiber of her being
She got her mothers hangry tummy goblin
Her favorite activity is bath time 🛁 but who doesn’t love a spa day .
Jemma has gained enough weight and she got moved into a big crib. It’s so much fun bringing in cute blankets for her bed. The only pain is I have laundry every night but it totally worth it. We can take her out and hold her when ever we want.
I had a bit of a discouraging day a couple of days ago. Jemma decided she was not interested in oral feeds. That is one of biggest hurdles to get over before the little ones can go home. After two days of disappointing breastfeeding I called lacation, the consult helped me tweak a few things. Jemma and I both for now seemed to have pulled our act together. Jemma is a hit and miss with her bottle feeds. Sometimes she’ll drink 20+ mls other times she’ll lick the nipple and stick her tongue 👅 out at who ever is feeding her. Capt sassy pants strikes again.
The biggest news we have to share is that Jemma brain has fully healed with zero complications. It’s a absolute miracle. When we told the nurse who was there for the original diagnosis that her brain scan came back with zero signs of tissue death or damage she started to cry. Nurse M. Told us this never happens. This is one of biggest miracles she has seen. While this news is absolutely amazing it still doesn’t absolve Jemma from developmental complications down the road. We still need to be proactive with her and watch her milestones closely. We are absolutely floored by this out come. I know it’s because of everyone’s prayers ,positive energy , love and Gods amazing mercy and love and the amazing medical team taking care of our Peanut . I have heard stories from other Nicu moms about their babies who had similar bleeds and the endings are not happy ones. We were told scans show Jemma has a small cyst in her brain that probably won’t affect her. It might cause a little left side weakness. Physical therapy will be able to help it if not eliminate it all together.
I feel settled into the Nicu but I am ready to bring my baby girl home. The other day Jemma pulled out her nasal feeding tube. I held her in my arms as the nurse laced it back in. Nobody was happy during that Jemma was crying, mommy was trying not to cry and daddy was crying on the inside. Jemma was so mad afterwards she played possum for five minutes and refused to move. Yesterday J had her follow up eye exam. It was heartbreaking they had to put a metal clamp in her eyes to keep them open (think clockwork orange ). Eyes are are absolutely Perfect! I will be happy when we can bust little lady out of here and I think we’re going to have a couple of weeks of nobody other than family touching Jemma.
I am grateful for the wonderful care she has received here but I am over seeeing my sweet pea covered in tubes wires and having to have her food pumped into her stomach. My daughters strength dermination and sass is serving her well right now but I am pretty sure in 13 years I won’t appreciate it nearly as much.
Chunky girl is now over 4 lbs
She loves skin to skin with mommy
When dadddy holds she fights sleep with every fiber of her being
She got her mothers hangry tummy goblin
Her favorite activity is bath time 🛁 but who doesn’t love a spa day .













Comments
Post a Comment