This is Halloween 🎃 not any more

I absolutely meant to update this more often. I spend almost the entire day at the hospital by the time I come home I am to tired to see straight. I have a midnight snack ,pump, than bed. I try post snippets on Facebook . I forget my iPad and blogger is not mobile friendly.

I’ll be honest I am getting pretty depressed, worn out and bored in the Nicu. There is also no place I’d rather be. It is kinda a fisher king situation . I miss my friends and I don’t know how to talk to people about this. Losing my first child  taught me, after awhile people get tired of hearing about it and they have moved why haven’t you. I have two settings widely hopeful cheerful and happy or in the depths of despair. There is so much to be grateful for, but right now jakin and I are like wounded animals and for you  part I just want to curl up until my pain subsides. We  greatly appreciate the sweet gifts and support we have been given. I hate to feel like, I am shaking a collection tin but you can never receive too much help in a situation like this  ❤️😉. I know I couldn’t have made it this far without our  loving cheer squad  and family. This has been a lot to handle and process. I wish I could say I was handling  it with poise, grace and dignity. HAHAHAHAH!
In some ways this has helped strengthen Our relationship , even rainstorms are blessing how else would the flowers grow. Ok enough of my pity party the head lining event.

The Jemma, the one, the only pipsqueak, sweet pea, peanut, captain sassy pants isssssss
5 lbs now. She looks like a real baby now. I’ll post a picture of her most recent measurements.
She is eating like a champ but does get pretty tired once her belly is full. But you better be ready with that bottle when she’s hungry. I was told preemies have under developed lungs. I don’t think mine does  she has a nice healthy shriek when she’s cheesed off about something. ( temps being taken, a cold wipe on her bottom, waiting 5 seconds for a feed.)
I should update this more often but I don’t feel like there is much to say other than Jemma grew ate and pooped.
 Halloween was a bucket of fun. Jemma dressed up as a little garden fairy. Daddy and I hand made her costume. Nurses came from all over to coo and compliment our sweet pixie.

On the 8th my mother flew in on her parrot 🦜 umbrella ☂. Jemma loved her bath 🛁 and snuggles with grandma. It’s been a treat having mum here lots of hugs, mugs of tea and delicious food. Maribeth was a Nicu nurse ( and so many other things ) it has been a huge boon to us ,to have her navigate us through all this. Something about having another reassuring voice and hand ton hold ,has taken much worry and stress off my heart and mind.

     We are getting the feeling of Winston’s Churchill’s saying “Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning” might apply to us leaving the Nicu. The doctors like to keep things close to their breast and are pretty stingy with hopeful information. 













Comments

Popular Posts